- Remaining Schedule
- Looking at Infographics via White Space
- Sharing the Rubric (Google Docs)
- Peer Reviewing Piktocharts
Because April 28th is a designated reading day, I had to adjust our remaining schedule. So:
- Tuesday, April 12th: Generate Rubric, Infographic Peer Review
- Thursday, April 14th: Share Infographics
- Tuesday, April 19th: Bring/share redesign candidates
- Thursday, April 21st: Work Day in the Lab
- Tuesday, April 26th: Redesign Presentations
- Thursday, April 28th: No class, designated reading day
As I reiterate in the homework section, this means you have to identify the document you will redesign this week. We will look at redesign targets and talk about options next week. There is a folder in canvas to share either a URL or a .jpg of your redesign target. Even if it is a print document, please take a picture or scan of it so that I can put it on the big screen (and TurboScan is a great scanner app for an iphone).
Looking at Infographics via White Space
Before we create the rubric to use for peer review, I want to spend some time looking strategically at infographics. Our strategy will be informed by the WhiteSpace reading, as we pay attention to a number of core components of visual rhetoric:
- How many?
- Line thickness?
- Font choice(s)? How many?
- Font weight?
- Font colors?
- Graphics? What kind? How many? What size?
- Photographs? Backgrounds? How many?
- Padding? Empty Space?
Now I want each of you to look at the following infographics and note what you see regarding the criteria above.
- How Music Affects Your Driving
- Everything You’ll Ever Want to Know About James Bond
- The Death of Motor City
After, we will use this Google Doc as a rubric for not only peer review, but also grading the final projects.
For next class:
- Complete your infographic. We will look at the completed infographics in the next class. There is a major project turn in for this in Canvas.
- I also encourage you to identify your redesign object. Either take a picture or scan it. Upload the image to the assignment portal in Canvas (under White Space Class Work). We will discuss these in next Tuesday’s class.